Project Eureka! > Syllabus
Project Eureka! Syllabus
There is no formal syllabus for this Project as such.However i can list out the tools and the methodolgy that we can use when creating the Project Ideas.I would also like to introduce some common terminology which we can follow during the discussion.
The Objective is to bring out a list of ideas based on which students can implement software.Participants are free to submit a proposed topic/idea.This idea is then discussed amongst the members and, upon agreement we publish a formal document that clerly outlines the requirements for the implementation.
"Father" - The proposer(s) of the idea.
The Process for publishing a Project idea is as follows :
1.The Father starts a new Rotisserie Discussion by suggesting in a few paragraphs his idea and outlines his recommendation if any.The idea is now in the "Draft" state
2.The members participate in the discussion if the idea intrests them and provide feedback and corrections to the idea.
3.If the team feels that the idea is mature enough and is implementable then we go ahead and publish it.The Father is responsible for writing the formal document as per the Standard Template.The state of the Project now becomes "Approved".
4.A brief description will be published here and the document may reside on this server or on the Father's webhost if he has one.The description refers to the document on the webhost.
The following are the suggested tools(you may or may not use them during the document creation):
* LATEX/MIKTEX/TEXINFO for typesetting and transforming the document into various formats
* Vi,Emacs,Notepad for creating plain text files.Please avoid Wordpad because it leads to formatting problems on non-windows platforms
* Please avoid creating documents in MS-WORD.The preferred format for the final document is PDF.If you cannot avoid using MS-WORD please transform it to PDF and then submit it.
* Support atleast IE and Mozilla if the document is in HTML.Avoid using browser specific tags and features
Please note the following:
* You are welcome to suggest implementation ideas or implement the idea itself on your own.We will not be responsible for anything that goes wrong or if there is loss of life:-))
* We will by no means support or answer to any bugs that arise in the implementation.We can provide help as one open source brother to another but the line ends there:-)
* You are free to use,modify and redistribute the material we publish on this site.please maintain the Document creator's name and his support crew in case you re-distribute or modify the document.
* last but not least you are most welcome to provide any idea or suggest any improvements in the this process.It is my belief that knowledge should be freely shared and that there should be no restriction on expressing your thoughts.