This is the old version of the H2O platform and is now read-only. This means you can view content but cannot create content. You can access the new platform at https://opencasebook.org. Thank you.
Rape is an act of sexual intercourse, accomplished with a female not the wife of the perpetrator, under either of the following circumstances:5
1. Where the female is under the age of eighteen years;
2. Where she is incapable, through lunacy or other unsoundness of mind, whether
3. Where she resists, but her resistance is overcome by force or violence;
4. Where she is prevented from resisting by threats of great and immediate bodily harm, accompanied by apparent power of execution, or by any intoxicating narcotic, or anesthetic, substance, administered by or with the privity of the ascused;
5. Where she is at the time unconscious of the nature of the act, and this is known to the accused;
6. Where she submits under the belief that the person committing the act is her husband, and this belief is induced by any artifice, pretense, or concealment practiced by the accused, with intent to induce such belief. Leg.H. 1872, 1889 p. 223, 1897 p. 201, 1913 p. 212.
See §290 infra as to registering with sheriff or chief of police by one convicted under div. 3 and 4 of this section.7
Assault with intent to rape, see ante §220.8
Anno. 22 Cal.J. 357-359; 52 C.J. 1005 §2; 22 RCL. 1171: Rape A.Dig. §1; McK.D. §2-7.9
New—W.S.C.L. Crimes §§44, 67.
July 10, 2014
Contract Technical Writer
This is the old version of the H2O platform and is now read-only. This means you can view content but cannot create content. If you would like access to the new version of the H2O platform and have not already been contacted by a member of our team, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you.